If you are a manicurist or nail art expert, you need to invest in the right tools, accessories and products. One of the essential investments is an electronic nail filing machine. This is a tool, which mainly resembles like a big pen, used for filing, buffing and shaping nails. Most electronic filing machines are used for other purposes like nail art, as well. Buying your first one can be a little confusing, given that there are so many choices in the market. To make things simpler, we have added five tips.
- The first step is to know the brands and manufacturers available in the market. You can check reviews of electric nail files by designsAuthority to know current best options. Try to understand the price range before making a choice. Some of the drills are extremely cheap for as less as $40, but for professional use, you need something more sustainable. In salons, manicurists use nail drills for more than five times a day,
- The second step is to check the basic features, which starts with RPM. RPM stands for revolutions per minute, which determines the power of the drill. For natural nails and regular filing needs, you don’t need anything more than 6000 RPM, but for salon use, you need an electronic filing machine with at least 25000 RPM at the maximum. This helps in doing the task smoothly, especially with artificial nails.
- Consider how frequently you will be using the tool before making a choice. Durability and features are only dependent on the price, so you might want to choose something better than what you can actually afford. Also, do consider the option between cordless and wired choices. Wireless choices are great if you don’t want to use the product extensively. For example, you may need to work for few clients at their home, and so you need a tool that’s handy enough. Depending on battery power, most coreless ones can last for two hours or more.
- Check the bits and other details, like the size of the drill and overall shape and build quality. Keep in mind that a bulky machine is hard to handle and it won’t give the extra edge you are looking for. Check the reviews in detail to understand where a particular machine scores over others. Electronic filing machines are designed to ease the job of filing and nail art, and for that, you need extreme comfort with the tool.
- Finally, do check if the concerned machine/model makes extensive noise or vibration. When a client comes to you for a special session, you would want to please him with a relaxed environment. A highly noisy nail filer can ruin the experience. Also, if the concerned tool vibrates beyond a point, you may have to deal with shaking hands.
If you can check these aspects, choosing between filing machines should be easier than ever. Don’t miss on comparing models based on brand value, which is also important for long term use.
Author Bio – Mary Janet is a beauty blogger by passion and a manicurist by profession. She writes for some of the leading blogs and websites as a guest author.